1960 Volkswagen Italsuisse prototip

1960 Volkswagen Italsuisse prototip

Postod Talladega_500 » Uto Sep 11, 2012 1:56 am

Sa neta ...

The other interesting thing is the Frua-bodied VW 1200 pictured at the top right. Known both as the Italsuisse Volkswagen and the Volkswagen Sun Valley, this coachbuilt special got a lot of attention when it was unveiled. There was even a plan to put it into limited production, and a Porsche dealer in Florida was ready to act as the distributor in the USA, but VW refused to supply the necessary chassis to Frua. It's understandable that VW wouldn't have been very enthusiastic about aiding the development of a car that would be in competition with the upcoming VW 1500, not to mention the fact that, although they were affiliated for a time in the late '50s, by 1960 Frua and Ghia were at odds. Frua's relationship with Ghia soured while they were working in collaboration on the designs of the Renault Floride/Caravelle and the Volvo P1800. Cutthroat politics behind the scenes in Turin.

In the caption Glaser reports that "with VW coming out with a larger model, probably in 1961, there is speculation that the newcomer may be influenced by the styling of this body." What he didn't know is that the designs of both the VW 1500 sedan and VW 1500 Karmann-Ghia had already been finalized by late 1959 and were already in the prototype stage by 1960. Considering the close yet contentious relationship between Ghia and Frua in those years it's even possible that the VW 1500 Karmann-Ghia was an influence on Frua's design rather than the other way around.

Slika

Slika
You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive.

When I die I want to be buried faced down so that anyone who doesn't like me can kiss my ass.

Slika
Korisnikov avatar
Talladega_500

Pridružio se: Ned Apr 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: 1960 Volkswagen Italsuisse prototip

Postod HEMI 426 » Uto Sep 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Interesantno, nisam znao za ovo!
Zadnji kraj je tipicno Frua, veoma slican nekim njegovim cuvenim radovima, kao sto je Quattroporte I
Prednji deo je Chrvrolet Corvair/NSU Prinz...
Slika
Korisnikov avatar
HEMI 426

Pridružio se: Uto Apr 07, 2009 11:38 pm

Postod Talladega_500 » Uto Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Napred me podseca na Chrysler 300F, a nazad na Tristaca. :)
You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive.

When I die I want to be buried faced down so that anyone who doesn't like me can kiss my ass.

Slika
Korisnikov avatar
Talladega_500

Pridružio se: Ned Apr 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Postod bzuva » Sre Sep 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Steta sto ga nisu pustili u prodaju...
Korisnikov avatar
bzuva

Pridružio se: Ned Okt 25, 2009 1:21 pm
Oldtajmer: 1972. BMW 1602

Povratak na Volkswagen